|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|THE ADMIN TEAM||
Posted: Jun 1 2014, 07:15 PM
staff is Offline
• Please register with your characters first and last name in all caps.
• Pureblood families are restricted to the “Sacred 28” and in certain situations, foreign families. Please refer to the canon list for additional information. (Note: Your character may claim a Pureblood heritage.).
• Original characters are welcome. All characters must be added to the canon list after accepted.
• Be mindful of your ratios, as well as the general site ratios. We don't want anyone playing all purebloods, or all professional quidditch players, or Order members etc. It's fun to have variety! The admins may ask you to change your character if we think you have too many of one type.
• Graphics. We require an avatar for all characters, please keep your avatar at the 250x400 size. We do not use signatures.
• Once you register your account you have FOUR days to complete an application, unless you have been speaking to a staff member. This is the same duration as canon reserves, so we wanted to keep things fair and easy. If your application is incomplete (or not posted at all) after four days and you have not spoken to a staff member, then your application will be denied and your account deleted.
• Please post your application in the correct forum. If you are not done working on it, post in "In-Progress", once you’re done bump the topic to let us know. If you have finished the application before posting, merely post it in the "Completed" subforum.
• Please be realistic when working to create your characters. We reserve the right to pend or deny any application that features a tragedy-sue with an overly traumatic past, any Mary-sues that have absolutely no flaws, any characters named Sue just because it completes this list, etc. You get the idea.
• We do not have a character limit, but we do encourage not biting off more than you can chew. This will be monitored and if it becomes an issue, it will be addressed. If you ever need to drop a character you can do so HERE.
• We require that you have at least eight in-character posts (threads not letters) with your newest character before you make another. You may not reserve, make an account, or post an application for this new character until after you have your eight posts. Additionally, you may not reserve, make an account, or post an application for a new character if you have an active absence. Further you may not reserve, make an account, or post an application for a new character if you have another character who is inactive. (This does not apply to “Retired” characters.)
• If you are pended you have THREE days to post your edits or get in touch with staff to talk about an extension. After three days your app will be denied.
• We do not accept face claim reservations. Once an app is posted, that acts as the face reserve until such time that the app is accepted and claims are completed. If an app is denied, the reserve is no longer valid. While it is courteous to check want-ads, requested faces do not act as reserves.
• We do not do formal activity checks , rather activity is actively monitored with regular activity sweeps by the staff. You must make one in-character post (notes and plotting excluded) every THREE WEEKS or your account will be deemed inactive. Once inactive you have two more weeks to make an in character post or your character will be removed from the game.
• If your character is in the inactive member group they are up for grabs. That means if you're playing a canon and they've been moved to inactive, and someone wants to apply, they may reserve and proceed with the application process. Face claims are also considered open.
• If you would like to reactivate a character who has gone inactive (that has not been claimed by another) you must make one in-character post (no letters) and post HERE.
• If you would like to reactivate a character who has been removed from the game (applications found in the old/dead characters forum) and accounts marked “Retired”, you must reapply for that character. Any retired characters you wish to revive after the first, you must adhere to the same standards that you might were you creating the character anew. (See the above rule regarding eight posts, no absences, and no additional inactivity for new characters.) Note: We do not delete accounts that have a significant number of posts (10+).
• We do know that real life happens, and we are pretty relaxed about that sort of thing. However, we cannot read minds. If you are going to be absent for a significant amount of time, please post in the absence forum. That way we know that you have not just disappeared on us. Absences with no definitive end date will be deleted after two months. You are given a short grace period following your absence to proceed making posts and avoid inactivity.
• We are a No Wordcount site.
• If there is a certain style of posting you prefer please discuss it with your posting partners, some people like longer posts and some people like shorter ones: if you run in to any difficulties, remember, communication is key.
• Some events will be run as RAPID-FIRE for the purpose of keeping the plot moving, please keep this in mind when posting in these events.
• We ask that you take the time to read the FAQ and any applicable Extra Information threads before applying and that you stay up to date on all new announcements.
• Don’t godmod, powerplay etc. No one is all-powerful, and everyone has their weaknesses. You may not control someone else’s character. Be realistic is you're playing out fights/duels and either plan it out or remember to talk to your partner. You may not kill/maim/torture another player’s character without running it by them first.
• To join Infinite Arms you must be over 18.
• Characters must be 18+ as we are an adult board. All characters under 18 will be NPC.
• Be mindful of our site rating. We are rated M/R/18+/whatever term you'd like to use. For those who are not familiar, this means that we do allow drugs/alcohol/sex/foul language. If you are going to be writing a thread with explicit/mature content, you are required to put an [M] in the title. That way if people would like to avoid it, they can do so.
Language 3: Objectionable and mature language is permitted.
Sexual content 3: Sexual content may be described in detail.
Violence 3: Extreme violence is permitted.
• When it comes to big plot points there are some things that need to be reported to staff. Plots involving (non-NPC) deaths, pregnancies, Azkaban-worthy arrests, or anything else that could have significant bearing on site plots should be brought to the attention of a staff member. It is unlikely we will say no to the plot we just want to be aware of what people are planning so we can accommodate where possible and that people are generally adhering to Harry Potter universe canon.