Welcome to Infinite Arms! We are a no word count, character driven, AU Marauder Era roleplay set in the year 1981. No one is safe and no one side can claim to be innocent. The Dark Lord has recruited many to his cause, creatures of all types have been attacking citizens and with each passing month the murders and disappearances have increased. Albus Dumbledore is fighting back. He has recruited a select group of talented young witches and wizards to fight against the darkness that threatens the world--but will they be able to resist succumbing to darkness themselves?
MAY 1981
Warm days, cool nights
Full Moon: Tuesday 19

We’re having a fiesta! Or at least our beans are. This month we’ve got Tequila and Salt and maybe some other goodies coming down the track later this month.
As the world continues to descend into turmoil, the Ministry has declared a mandatory curfew for the whole of wizarding Britain. Stay safe out there, folks!
PLOT
RULES
APPLICATION
CANON LIST
CLAIMS
WANTED
BERTIE BOTT'S
TIMELINE
FAQ
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply

Bored at Work, tag: Conor
Orion Bradley
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 11:44 PM
NINETEEN
Halfblood
ST-MUNGOS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
How long do you think you can go before you lose it all?
AWARDS

Conor,

Hey. The cafe is DEAD today. Boring as what all.

How's the home front?

-Orion

@Conor Colebrook
PM
^
Conor Colebrook
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 12:32 AM
NINTEEN
Muggleborn
RETIRED
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
you brought out the best in me, a part of me i've never seen
AWARDS

Orion,

Hey - this is unexpected. I don't think you've ever written me while you were at work before.

Dead, huh? Of course it would be on one of my days off. Any interesting sightings from behind the counter? Last weeks babbling curse victim made for a pretty entertaining customer - though waiting behind her in line wasn't so great after the ten or so minutes it took to order.

Home front is secure. I made a fort.

- Conor.

@Orion Bradley
PM
^
Orion Bradley
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 12:42 AM
NINETEEN
Halfblood
ST-MUNGOS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Conor,

Usually at work I'm doing work, ha. But I guess today no one is in the mood for tea, so here we are...or here I am.

I would tell you about customers if I had any, but the place is literally empty. It's weird. Weird and boring. I wish you were here, or that I was there.

Wait...did you actually make a fort?

-Orion

@Conor Colebrook
PM
^
Conor Colebrook
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 12:50 AM
NINTEEN
Muggleborn
RETIRED
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Orion,

Well in that case everyone is wrong today because there is no mood that tea wouldn't fix. And by tea I mean a hot chocolate. But I think you already knew that.

Is it weird having an owl fly into your café every time I respond? Because I feel like theres some sort of health and safety concerns there. Not that i'm complaining.

Its been empty all day? Far out, if I would have known I would have come in early and tried to convince you to skip altogether. You do? I don't think anyones really said that to me before - but it feels nice.

Yes. I've attached a polaroid. Lemme know what you think construction-wise.

- Conor

@Orion Bradley
PM
^
Orion Bradley
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 12:53 AM
NINETEEN
Halfblood
ST-MUNGOS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Conor,

Yeah, I know. I'll bring you a cocoa when I come home, okay?

I don't think the Owl is a problem, I mean, I can cast a cleaning spell everytime, so it's not really any worry, besides, I'd rather do that than be bored.

WE've had a customer her eand there, but nothing lin the last 40 minutes. I wish you were her.

I wish I was still in bed with you, actually.

LOL Polaroids are SO WEIRD Conor. They don't move, I just...it's baffling to me, but good fort, looks spacious. Maybe we could sleep there tonight? Is it sturdy? It looks it.

-Orion

@Conor Colebrook
PM
^
Conor Colebrook
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 01:14 AM
NINTEEN
Muggleborn
RETIRED
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Orion,

You're the best.

Which reminds me, what did you want for dinner? I'll have it ready for when you get back. Being home alone like this leaves me with so much free time its hard to keep busy.

I agree - i'd much rather you do that than not write at all.
Jesus. Its taken you 40 minutes to decide to write me? I would have been going mental within ten.

Well you could be as soon as you get home, I mean. We can eat dinner in bed too.

Alright, alright Mr. Wizard. Polaroids are like INSTANT printed photographs, okay? Its a leap and bound for Muggles everywhere. I mean, without magic that's pretty impressive, you have to admit. It is spacious, and yes, yes we can sleep here tonight. Hmm, the left side keeps sagging but I'm sure I can figure out how to prop it up. But really, even if it collapses on us during the night its not like pillows and blankets are going to kill us.

- Conor

@Orion Bradley
PM
^
Orion Bradley
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 01:21 AM
NINETEEN
Halfblood
ST-MUNGOS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Conor,

Only the best for you.

Ohhh, are you going to attempt to cook? Honestly, I could really go for cheesy pasta and some sort of vegetable. It's cold in the shop today and I just want nice comfort food. Does that sound alright to you? I'm okay if you choose something else, too. Can't be too picky if you're going to take care of it all for me.

Well it didn't take me 40 minutes of boredom, you see I was cleaning stuff up, and then I ate a snack, and then I got bored enough to write you., and I'm glad I did, because this is far superior to sitting around, bored.

Dinner in bed sounds...lovely.

Alright, alright, I get that it's a photograph, I just think that you and all of your littl emuggle inventions are so strange! It's cute, don't get me wrong. Still abit baffled by the telephone to be honest, but I think i'm getting the hang of it, don't you?

Sounds like a great fort, even if it is a little saggy. Can't wait to cuddle in it.

Too sappy?

-Conor

@Conor Colebrook
PM
^
Conor Colebrook
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 05:44 AM
NINTEEN
Muggleborn
RETIRED
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Orion,

Well you sure know how to make me blush like an idiot while I sit in my fort with nothing but an owl for company. Thanks. I look like a weirdo now.

Attempt? Excuse me, but should I remind you of who it was that started the house-fire what feels like years ago? I can cook - I swear. And your dads lessons have definitely helped in my confidence. Sounds good to me - i'll make you the cheesiest pasta i can without feeding you a solid block of cheddar.

Glad to be of service in your boredom. Seriously. Write whenever you think to, or whenever you feel like it. Its not like a letter from you will ever get boring.

It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? My mom would have lost her marbles if i ever ate anything in bed back home. But i think as adults who have moved out of home we can make those kind of executive decisions ourselves, right?

Don't even start me on your 'little wizardy inventions' - i think you lot win out by a mile. Yeah, you're definitely getting the hang of it - soon enough i'll introduce you to the wonders of the computer.

Too sappy? Never. Can't wait.

- Conor

@Orion Bradley
PM
^
Orion Bradley
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 05:18 PM
NINETEEN
Halfblood
ST-MUNGOS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Conor,

And who is judging you? the owl? You're by yourself, don't worry about it.

God, okay, fine, it was I who set the house ablaze, or nearly...fine. God, that sounds good, I can practically taste it already. I want to be home so badly you have no idea. I fucking hate this job.

Have I mentioned that?

The only good thing about it is seeing you on your breaks.

I ate in my bed a lot, when....well, you know. Before. This would be different though, because if you were there I don't think it would feel the same, you know...not melancholy. Just...comforting. You're always comforting.

I...don't even know what you're talking about and I'm not sure that i'm ready for it. I'm still...probably going to stick with the telephone. I'm quite capable of telephoning your parents, and that is good enough for me.

MAYBE you can show me how to use the polaroid.

Good. I...I really like you, Conor. I like being sappy with you. Makes me feel good.

-Orion

@Conor Colebrook
PM
^
Conor Colebrook
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 01:46 AM
NINTEEN
Muggleborn
RETIRED
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Orion,

Hey, those big owl eyes are pretty judgy if you ask me.

Mhmm, and don't you forget it - i'll be holding that against you for the rest of our lives hah. I just checked the fridge and we actually don't have any cheese so i'm going to make a quick trip out to the grocer - so if you want me to pick up anything in particular write me a list in your next owl.

It makes me unhappy that you're unhappy - so just quit. I can cover our rent for a few weeks till you find something you like. Just an offer. Think about it.

I can promise no melancholy and only comfort. My moms also currently knitting us both giant woollen quilts for next winter so our flat is literally going to be the comfiest place on earth when they arrive.

You're missing out. I mean - you think writing my Owl is fast? Wait till you discover instantaneous messaging. Its pretty neat. True - you've mastered the art of answering and making calls - and my parents are super happy that theres someone that is able to let them know where I am throughout the day. Sorry about that, by the way - I swear they'll stop pestering soon enough.

Yes! We can make an album. And maybe you can teach me how magic photographs work.

I really like you too, Orion. And you can be as sappy as you like - being on the receiving end is kinda nice.

- Conor

@Orion Bradley
PM
^
Orion Bradley
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 02:15 AM
NINETEEN
Halfblood
ST-MUNGOS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Conor,

Alright, I'll give you judgy owl eyes.

Oh, you don't have to go to the store for me, you can just make something else. That being said, if you DO go to the store, will you got chocolate biscuits? I think I took the last ones with me when I went to work today, and...they are long gone.

I...Conor, I'm not going to quit until I have a new job. I'm barely pulling my weight as it is and we both know that.

Well, we should wait to tell your mom that we are a couple until she's done with the quilts then, beacuse if she's making one for each of us, then we can have two, but if she knows that we're sleeping in the same bed, might she make just one? You know how cozy I like to be...

I like Owl post! I don't know if I can handle anything different than that. I'm comfortable with this system, I know how it works, I don't want to go away from that, I mean...do you really want to go away from that? Also I don't mind your mom calling me, I like talking to her. She's sweet.

...a photo album sounds nice. We can mix muggle and magic photos, it'll be us. A mix of things...and there I go being sappy again, but since you like it, I guess there's nothing to worry about.

-Orion

@Conor Colebrook
PM
^
Conor Colebrook
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:16 PM
NINTEEN
Muggleborn
RETIRED
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Orion,

Of course I would run to the store for you - but regardless in this case I needed to go anyway - we're out of bread and milk. You know if I even think of buying chocolate biscuits I'll eat them all before you get home... Ill get two packets.

Hm. I'm not going to push it - but the offer remains.

Good plan! Lets ensure my mother slaves over two quilts because we're greedy and want two blankets haha. I'm kidding, by the way - she's not slaving - she loves knitting.

I wont lie - owl post is really helpful. As much as I feel the need to defend Muggle technology, I can really argue against wizard ingenuity. Plus I mean, who doesn't like having a pet owl?

Thanks Orion, you know, for being you.

How much longer are you on shift for?

- Conor

@Orion Bradley
PM
^
Orion Bradley
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 05:13 PM
NINETEEN
Halfblood
ST-MUNGOS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Conor,

Yeah, get two packets...or three, who knows? You never know when you might need more biscuits...

Thank you. I'll consider it if I really feel like I need to.

Hey now! YOu know that's not what I meant, stop being a butt. It would be nice to have the blankets, and if she enjoys making them, well, then what's the harm in getting a couple of them? I like your mum. She's a classy lady.

It's sort of weird, that we come from two different worlds but you've only really ever existed in mine, and never I in yours...that being said, I'm not sure that I'm ready for any grand forays into the muggle world ust yet, but maybe something to think about for the future.

Thank YOU for being you, Conor. I'll be off in aout an hour, so home a it after that?

-Orion

@Conor Colebrook
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

OUR AFFILIATES

Accio Discord!
On IA we use a widget that allows guest posting, sign in with your discord id or as a guest.