Welcome to Infinite Arms! We are a no word count, character driven, AU Marauder Era roleplay set in November 1980. No one is safe and no one side can claim to be innocent. The Dark Lord has recruited many to his cause, creatures of all types have been attacking citizens and with each passing month the murders and disappearances have increased. Albus Dumbledore is fighting back. He has recruited a select group of talented young witches and wizards to fight against the darkness that threatens the world--but will they be able to resist succumbing to darkness themselves?
November 1980
Much Snow. Very Blizzard.
Full Moon: Saturday 22

The beans cookies this month are Chocolate Chip and Madeleine. Can you earn them both?

Following a chilly Halloween, November has landed with some decidedly harsh weather. Winter is here early and it looks like it is going to stay. With unusually heavy snows buffeting the isles, life has slowed to a crawl. It is all anyone can do to keep warm, and it is even worse for those without a home as the Hogsmeade refugees at Hogwarts still can’t go home—and how can the town hope to be rebuilt when it is buried in snow? Of course things must get done, but what sort of mischief can our enemies get up to when everyone is hiding inside?

Last but not least, here are some prompts for this month!

PLOT
RULES
APPLICATION
CANON LIST
CLAIMS
WANTED
BERTIE BOTT'S
TIMELINE
FAQ
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply

nothing common about it., natalie.
PHILLIPA PODMORE
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 08:32 PM
thirty-four
Claiming Pure
ST-MUNGOS_A
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
its kinda hard to watch this life go by
AWARDS
N/A

“Natalie.” She called in a sing-song voice as she entered. It was quiet in the shop, hardly anybody was out in this weather, but if the shop was open, she knew Natalie was probably lurking somewhere in its innards making potions and the like, trying to keep herself busy so she didn’t have to worry about the snow-pocalypse occurring outside.

Pippa jumped when she heard a snowball slam against the door she’d just entered with a loud thud. Honestly, children these days were just an absolute mess. “I’m looking for something that can-“ She held her hand up to her mouth as she sneezed, “Help me with that.” Her sneezing wasn’t the simple, light, dainty sort of sneeze that you might expect from a woman of her stature. Oh no, she sneezed like she meant business. And apparently right now, she did indeed mean business.

“Honestly, working on a cure for dragonpox but can’t clear up a case of the common-“ She sneezed again. “Cold.” She’d tried to get some Pepper Up in her system but that had served only to exasperate the issue of sneezing. She was sure her nose was bright red at this point and she wasn’t due into work for another few days, so she couldn’t check herself in. That and there was something about having a run-of-the-mill cold that didn’t seem to her to be worthy of hanging out in her old haunt, magical bugs.

There was a simple solution to her problem she was sure. Some magical herbal tea that someone’s grandma used to always dream up for them, or some sort of medicine from a far, off muggle pharmacy that she just hadn’t experienced yet. She just needed all the help she can get and Natalie seemed to think she might have something that would do the trick. “Help me.” she pouted, leaning an elbow against the counter as she waited, hankie in hand for the younger witch to come to her aid.

@NATALIE HOWARD
PM
^
NATALIE HOWARD
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 10:05 PM
twenty-eight
Muggleborn
CITIZEN_A
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
DON'T YOU DARE LOOK BACK, JUST KEEP YOUR EYES ON ME
AWARDS

Natalie was in the back of the shop, a potion in the cauldron in front of her that was letting off a pale green smoke that faintly smelled of licorice. It was a strange combination, one that she hadn't intended to end up with when she had been experimenting, but here she was, none the less. She would have to figure out exactly what was causing the spell before she put too much more work into it. Who knew if it would do what it was supposed to when it was applied to an injury or if it would cause more problems on its own? It wasn't the time to dive into that though. She would let it simmer for a short while and see if the scent went away on its own.

She heard the voice calling to her from the front of the shop, and she paused to listen to get a better idea of who it was that had showed up in the middle of the blizzard. Someone a bit mad, it seemed, since Natalie didn't think anyone else was out during this mess of the weather. The shop was open, technically, and there was a poor young witch that was simultaneously restocking the shelves and manning the front of the counter. Except it seemed she wasn't doing her job, since Natalie didn't hear a reply to Pippa's words. "Hold on. I'll be right there." She quickly turned the heat down under the cauldron, waiting for a moment to make sure that it was stable before she wiped her hands on her apron and moved toward the front of the shop.

"That's one hell of a sneeze you've got there," she said as she rounded the corner. Pippa certainly didn't look great; that was the first thing that she'd noticed. "You look like you haven't slept in days." It wasn't an insult, just an observation; Natalie was usually good for those. "Alright first... not that I'm questioning your healing prowess, but are you sure that it's the common cold and not anything worse?" Natalie wasn't trained as a healer, but she knew enough from volunteering at the hospital to know that certain potions wouldn't help if it was something more serious. "What exactly are you looking for? Something to help the symptoms? Something to help you sleep?"

@PHILLIPA PODMORE

slug & jigger's apothecary

PM
^
PHILLIPA PODMORE
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 08:01 PM
thirty-four
Claiming Pure
ST-MUNGOS_A
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
its kinda hard to watch this life go by
AWARDS
N/A

“Over-treating something that I diagnosed wrong is more likely to kill me than you are.” She said, offering a small shrug and a sniffle before she pouted again. “It’s not anything complicated, but sometimes it’s the simple stuff that really gets you, ya know?” Because she could treat it like it was something big and scary and needed a lot of attention, but when it came down to it that simply wasn’t the case. This was just a case of the sniffles. And she needed to not overthink it, which was all she’d been doing recently.

“Do you have a grandma, Natalie?” That was a weird question because technically everybody had grandmothers, but that wasn’t really what she was getting at. She was just trying to get at the whole – simple remedy sort of thing, so she pressed on, clarifiying – “Apparently there are things that grandma’s make you do that make you better. Mine never talked to me while I was sick, but like – drink a spoonful of cognac and spin around three times or something – that seems like the sort of thing I ought to be doing for this.” She held a hand up for a moment as she sneezed again, trying her best to keep it to a minimum as she raised the hankie to her face.

“Or you know, anything that’ll make the sneezing go away. I can sleep just fine I just – This is treally disrupting my life.” She waved the hankie, a small white flag of surrender, really, as she shook her head. “I’m sorry if you don’t have anything, I just figured you would know. Doing what you do and all.” She saw potions and ingredients for everything, whereas Pippa’s healing prowess as she’d called it was very – limited in scope.

@NATALIE HOWARD
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

OUR AFFILIATES

GO TO TOP