Welcome to Infinite Arms! We are a no word count, character driven, AU Marauder Era roleplay set in November 1980. No one is safe and no one side can claim to be innocent. The Dark Lord has recruited many to his cause, creatures of all types have been attacking citizens and with each passing month the murders and disappearances have increased. Albus Dumbledore is fighting back. He has recruited a select group of talented young witches and wizards to fight against the darkness that threatens the world--but will they be able to resist succumbing to darkness themselves?
November 1980
Much Snow. Very Blizzard.
Full Moon: Saturday 22

The beans cookies this month are Chocolate Chip and Madeleine. Can you earn them both?

Following a chilly Halloween, November has landed with some decidedly harsh weather. Winter is here early and it looks like it is going to stay. With unusually heavy snows buffeting the isles, life has slowed to a crawl. It is all anyone can do to keep warm, and it is even worse for those without a home as the Hogsmeade refugees at Hogwarts still can’t go home—and how can the town hope to be rebuilt when it is buried in snow? Of course things must get done, but what sort of mischief can our enemies get up to when everyone is hiding inside?

Last but not least, here are some prompts for this month!

PLOT
RULES
APPLICATION
CANON LIST
CLAIMS
WANTED
BERTIE BOTT'S
TIMELINE
FAQ
SITE CREDITS

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

What Would My Head Be Like If Not For My Shoulders, tag: Elias
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 05:44 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller
AWARDS

Camden let out a sigh. Talking to a stranger about his love life was...honestly probably not something that he needed to spend a lot of time doing. It was a mess, but that was largely his own fault, and sometimes, he felt as though he may do better with Muggle women, because there was so much that he felt he couldn't say to witches, out of fear that they would be, well, crazy blood purists, and wind up killing him. Of course, he couldn't say that that was why he was always bad with women. He did far worse things when his own tongue got all mixed up than say that he was muggleborn, and it often ended badly because he was an idiot, and for no other reason.

The idea of waiting, though, felt like it had gone on long enough. He'd had encounters, of course, but never the kind of relationship that had real staying power, and of course, that was what he wanted - someone that he could fall madly in love with, someone that he could spend the rest of his life with, and it was hard to know how to make something like that happen. Sure, there were people that he liked, women that he liked, but getting them to like him, well, that was a challenge. And of course, he needed to stop coming on to strong, but it wasn't always so simple. It was easy to say the wrong thing, but it was far more difficult to say the right thing.

"Yeah, and I mean, for the right girl, I'm more than willing to wait," he said with a grin. He just hoped, honestly, that he wasn't going to be spending the rest of his life waiting for something that might never actualy happen for him - but it wouldn't. He wasn't the worst guy ever, and once he got over his foot in mouth issues, well, he was pretty sure he'd meet someone and it would all work out.

He might have to wait, though, until this muggle born stuff got sorted out. that seemed to complicate everything.

"They may have had some roots that are the same, but no, football - REAL football, is the superior game," he said with a grin. If nothing else, this was fun for him, and while they were going to remain at an impasse, it might just be better to agree to disagree, and get it over with. "And they're not twigs! They don't get carried off the field all that often - happens in your beloved american football just as much, I just...don't see the point of giant men hurling themselves at each other?" He tilted his head to the side. "I mean, hey, if that's your thing, it's your thing," he said with a smile. "We may just have to accept that we aren't going to come to agreement on this one."

Hey, once a fan, always a fan, and any true fan of anything wouldn't gave so easily. He certainly wouldn't, and good lord, he wouldn't expect anyone else too.

"What else do you enjoy?" he asked. "Other than cooking, and inferior sporting events?" He was curious, honestly, as to what sorts of things were done for fun in America. He'd never been - aside from traveling around for Quidditch games, Camden didn't really travel much at all. He hadn't been bitten by the travel bug, and while he was happy to hear about other people's adventures in various places, he tended to prefer to stay right where he was, when he could get to his own bed every night. There was just something comfortable about staying put. IT may not have been brave or interesting, but it was comfortable, and Camden didn't think that there was anything wrong with comfortable.

He may have been a bit boring, but he certainly wasn't bored.

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 06:36 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
But love is all that I have now
AWARDS

"I'll drink to that." Signalling the bartender, Elias indicated that the man should pour another drink for him, and for Camden as well. It was only fair after all, for someone who was willing to concede the point, rather than arguing it into the ground, that he buy him a drink. Especially when Elias knew just how painfully drawn out those kinds of arguments could be.

Arguing for argument's sake had never been his preference; both Halim and Dominique had called him a pacifist on more than one occasion. Of course they'd both meant it in a good way, but regardless Elias wasn't inclined to disagree. He didn't see the point in getting yourself all riled up, just to be able to claim that you 'won' the argument (especially not when those kinds of arguments ended up with hurt feelings all around, so could you really call it winning?) That was also probably the result of growing up in a family where arguing was kind of a world-class sport, and something that Elias had been more than happy to escape when he'd gone off to school.

"These days? Not a whole lot but that." Cooking tended to take up most of his time, since shifts at the restaurant could run long, and when he wasn't cooking he was helping Dom to care for Adele. Caring for a child took a lot more work than Elias had ever thought was possible, so if he wasn't doing one of the two, then he was probably trying to catch up on what little sleep he could.

"I like travelling though. When I have the time. Especially if I can try out food that's local to the area." Which also went along with cooking but at least it was something more than spending time in a restaurant all day.

"What about you? What do you like to do when you're not at Quidditch matches?"

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 09:53 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller
AWARDS

Another drink was definitely not something that Camden was going to turn down - how could he? He didn't know anyone that would in a situation like this. He wasn't out to get drunk, but sharing another pint with a new friend? That was always good, and making new friends was definitely a plus right now, because he was about to spend a good deal of his time twiddling his thumbs, waiting for the season to start up again. Work was always really crazy right towards the end, and then it was just puff pieces on workouts and new players and whatnot until open practices began again, and he had something real to write about. It wasn't his favorite time of the year, but maybe this year he'd go somewhere.

Then again, he'd said that before, and had he done it? No, he had not.

"I'll drink to a lot of things," he said with a smile. As far as he was concerned, the argument had run it's course, and if they had kept it going, it just would have been, well, quite immature, really, if he was being honest and he didn't want to go down that road. He wanted this man to think of him as an adult, because while he could be a bit childish at times, he was a grown man, and was set on being that.

"Do you cook for fun, or only at work?" He didn't know what most people did with that - were they still able to really enjoy what they did for work outside of the work place? Camden was, he loved sport, and writing about it for a living definitely hadn't done anything to put a damper on that, but he knew that he wasn't like everyone else. He had a job that he loved, and it sounded like this man did, too, so maybe they had that in common, loving what they did, whether they were doing it for work or for fun. The lines could get blurry, and honestly, Cam loved that about his job.

When the man mentioned traveling, Camden was definitely intrigued. "I've never spent much time at all traveling," he admitted. "What are some of the best places you've been? Where has the best food, or, you know, the most interesting, you can answer that however you like." He wasn't sure after all, if you could really pick one thing, one food that was better than all of the others, but he was curious to know. "And, I'm thinking of taking a vacation for the first time in, well, ever, really, you know, at the end of the Quidditch season, so if you have recommendations of where to go - maybe not too far, though..." Camden was definitely something of a home body, after all.

"Well, so during the season I work my tail off, I go to as many games as I can, so in the off season, I try to sort of...catch up on life, I read books, I go spend time with my parents, aunts, uncles, that sort of thing. I like to play games, I really enjoy hiking, other outdoorsy things..." He shrugged. "I don't know, I like doing stuff, I'm not really one for sitting around, you know?"

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

OUR AFFILIATES

GO TO TOP