Welcome to Infinite Arms! We are a no word count, character driven, AU Marauder Era roleplay set in November 1980. No one is safe and no one side can claim to be innocent. The Dark Lord has recruited many to his cause, creatures of all types have been attacking citizens and with each passing month the murders and disappearances have increased. Albus Dumbledore is fighting back. He has recruited a select group of talented young witches and wizards to fight against the darkness that threatens the world--but will they be able to resist succumbing to darkness themselves?
December 1980
Happy Holidays!
Full Moon: Sunday 21

Our limited edition beans this month are Mistletoe and Spearmint. Will you get both of these festive holiday flavors before they're gone?

Following a cold and snowy November, the last month of the year is upon us. The Christmas holidays are approaching, and with Hogsmeade remaining closed, people are scrambling to find the perfect gifts for those important people in their lives in other places. Diagon Alley remains croweded at any time that the shops are open, and a Goblin Market has popped up in Wales for the season. It's a perfect opportunity to take care of that shopping before it's too late. It's a perfect time of year to begin to put the past behind us and look forward to the future. Some may be apprehensive, but everyone has the same question: what will the new year bring?

PLOT
RULES
APPLICATION
CANON LIST
CLAIMS
WANTED
BERTIE BOTT'S
TIMELINE
FAQ
SITE CREDITS

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What Would My Head Be Like If Not For My Shoulders, tag: Elias
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 10:24 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller
AWARDS

Camden loved his job. He absolutely loved it.

Sure, there had been a lot of paying his dues when it came to the whole reporting situation, but he had done that, and now he had his own byline, his own everything if he wanted it. The world was his oyster, and he was going for it. He loved being able to go to Quidditch matches for work, and talking to the players about what got them into the game, how they felt about it now, and a whole lot of other things, it just...well, it never ceased to be interesting, and he knew that not many people could say that about their jobs.

He had just gotten off of an interview that had gone particularly well, and with his stomach rumbling, had gone to have himself a celebratory dinner and drink.

Camden didn't mind going out to eat alone. The thing about pubs is there was almost always someone to talk to if you sat at the bar, and he didn't mind that in the slightest. He walked in, looking around. Yeah, he always felt weird taking up a table by himself, especially in the evening when things were crowded, so he opted against that, heading over to the bar. There were only a couple of empty seats, and it was hard to tell for certain if they were truly available, or if they were being saved.

He chose one on the end, looking at the man sitting in the seat next to it. With a bright smile, he spoke. "Hey, is this seat available?" he asked. Camden was good natured, always ready to move on to plan B, of course, but it was nice when plan A worked out for him. "If not, would you mind if I sat here?" He tilted his head to the side. He didn't want to be presumptuous. Some people just wanted to be left alone, and while he was far from that sort, he understood when people didn't want to be around him.

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 01:14 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
But love is all that I have now
AWARDS

Elias might have been raised mostly in France and studied french cooking, and be currently employed at a french restaurant, but he figured there was no reason why he shouldn't try other restaurants, especially those that catered to the wizarding community as his did, to see what the competition was.

If he was going to be completely honest, he was also out for dinner because he was trying to avoid going home. Things had been going really great with Dom, but then he'd run into Halim, which he still hadn't told Dom about, because honestly he was rather flummoxed by the whole thing.

It wasn't as though Dom didn't know Halim was in London, he'd sent an owl to the both of them after all, and Elias had seen her writing a reply to him. But she didn't know that Elias had spoken with Halim outside of the letter, and Elias wasn't sure if he should tell her or not.

So Elias was trying to avoid dealing with it, by avoiding it all together, which was precisely what had gotten he and Dom into trouble in the first place, right after Halim had left.

Before he could start puzzling over his predicament though, a voice was pulling him out of his thoughts, and Elias turned away from his blank staring at the wall behind the bar, to see another man indicating the stool next to him.

"Nah, not at all. All yours." This was why he liked pubs, because they always made him think of the bars he'd grown up with back home in Louisiana, where people would come to spend time together and just have fun. There were things like that in France but rarely with such a similar casual attitude, unless it was one of the bars in the tiny towns along the coast that Halim and Dom had dragged him to on vacations their first year out of school.

"You ever eaten here before? I've never been and I'm trying ta figure out what's good."

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 02:54 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Camden was the sort of friendly that could make, well, anyone feel comfortable, so long as they were open to the idea of making friends. He was chatty, and he was intelligent enough to carry on smart conversations, but not so intelligent that he seemed holier than thou or intimidating. He liked talking about sport, and books, and music, and anything, really, so long as it wasn't vulgar or cruel, and that made him a decent friend to most.

That, and he was a very, very good listener. He had to be for work, yes, but he took that into every aspect of his life, and if a friend ever needed an open ear, he was happy to provide one.

He grinned, taking the seat next to the other man. He hadn't wanted to be an imposition, but he was hungry, and getting a drink and some food into his belly definitely didn't seem like a raw deal at all. "Thanks very much." Sure, maybe the seat hadn't technically been Elias' to give, but Camden still felt it important to display gratitude for someone.

Camden loved making new friends, and he enjoyed that this man seemed open to talking .He didn't just go back to his own business once Cam sat down, he asked about the food there, and Camden was almost always eager to share his opinions on food...his main opinion being that food was wonderful.

"Oh, most everything's good, I eat here a lot," he admitted. "Today I'm feeling the Shepherd's pie but if you're a fish and chips man, there's no going wrong there, ever." Of course, there were other good things on the menu; as far as standard pub food went, this place had it down. There may not have been anything elegant or complicated on the menu, but what they did have was delicious.

He ordered a lager for himself, taking a sip before turning back to his companion. "I have to ask, mate, where's that accent from? Definitely not around here, that's for sure."

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 06:57 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

The English seemed to have a strange fixation with battering their food and then deep-frying it until it was crispy, sometimes to the point of inpissating if it was allowed to congeal in the oils long enough. Enough to make any good French chef cry anyways, because Elias had always been taught that anything like oil be used as sparingly as possible, unless it bog down the central ingredients of a dish.

At the same time though, he figured he shouldn't be complaining because it wasn't like English cooking was any stranger than some of the stuff he'd had back home. After all, where else could you get fried gator and grits, the kind of dish that was made for nothing more than sopping up the remains of a hangover?

"Is it actual shepherd's pie, or cottage pie that they just call shepherd's pie?" It might be a nitpicky thing, but why call a shovel a spade if you weren't going to include the right ingredients? Shepherd's pie was named for shepherds, hence it should include lamb, whereas cottage pie was named probably for a farmer's cottage (as far as Elias knew) so it should include either beef or pork.

"Same place as me." Elias was used to the question, especially after all these years. Though the accent might be a bit muddied from all his time spent living in France, he knew his drawl always marked him as distinctly 'other' compared to most other people around him (save for when he was at home of course). "Louisiana. By way of France."

Not that difficult a connection either, considering a lot of people in Lousiana were originally from France. But for Elias, it had been a little bit more of a direct route, since his mom was originally from there, until his dad had apparently 'absconded' with her.

"I'm Elias by the way."

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 12:43 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Camden didn't know much about food at all. Did it look like food? Yes? He'd eat it. Did it taste good? Yes? He liked it. That was that. There wasn't anything that he wouldn't try at least once, and most things a second or a third time. He loved food - he loved food almost as much as he loved Quidditch, actually, especially sweets, but he was not picky about it at all. The word "foodie" would never be used to describe Camden.

Just enjoyer of food.

And he was English - English, and completely untrained in fine cuisine, so the fried foods hit him just right. He loved them, provided they were done correctly. There was not much worse in his opinion, than something that had been fried, but was soggy. He didn't like the idea of anything soggy on his plate that wasn't supposed to be, and at the end of the day, only a couple of things were supposed to be soggy...things like porridge, he supposed.

When Elias asked about the pie, Camden looked at him, his face riddled with confusion. "I guess," he said with a smile. "That I would have to know the difference to be able to answer that." So this guy in front of him? He may well have been a foodie...or at least he knew more about food than Camden. Then again, that wasn't saying much. Camden loved food, but he wasn't knowledgeable about it.

"Louisiana and France, wow." He let out a low whistle. Camden hadn't really left the UK, and he wasn't likely to, except for if Quidditch took him there, but he was still low on the totem pole, he didn't get to go to games that weren't fairly local...or if he did, he would have had to pay his own way. He did intend to work up to that, however. "What brought you here?" he asked, genuinely curious. Everyone, it seemed, had more interesting origin stories than he did, and he was always happy to hear them.

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 01:54 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

"One's lamb, the other's beef. You know, shepherd, lamb." Elias wasn't one to get all opprobrious about foods being mislabeled - especially not when it was something as the common shepherd/cottage piece confusion. He did know some cooks who were like that, the slightest deviation from a recipe could mean the greatest offence, but he just couldn't find it in himself to get all worked up about things.

Unless it was hush puppies and cornbread, because those were two very different things that should never be confused for the other, as far as Elias' opinion went.

"Work, mostly. I was working in a restaurant in Paris but got offered a better position here, so..." Work and love if he was going to be completely honest about it; the work largely because of the love, because he wanted to make a proper go of things with Dom, instead of continuing their slightly tenuous long distance thing. But that was also a whole other story that he didn't want to get into, especially not with someone he'd just met.

It really wasn't the sort of thing for sharing after all, especially when Elias wasn't the sort for sharing in the first place, at least not unless he knew the person really well and felt comfortable telling them those sorts of things.

"What about you? I know the accent's English but are you from around here?" At least he was pretty sure the accent sounded English. For the longest time Elias had thought there was only one 'English' accent but like in France, it turned out the accents had varied from region to region, and sometimes they ended up sounding more like they belonged to the Scots or the Irish than the English, even if they did originate from somewhere in England themselves.

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 01:24 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Camden thought about the difference between the two pies, and honestly, he wasn't sure which one it was that they had here. Hell, he had never really thought about it. There were so many things in it that he didn't think he could really tell the difference between the beef and lamb, but this guy? He almost surely would be able to, it seemed. "Well, I have to say, i'm not sure. I suppose I always thought it was Shepherd's pie either way. I didn't realize that it mattered." He shrugged. "Whichever it is, though ,it's good. Or...well, good enough for me to enjoy it."

He was definitely hesitant, after all, to recommend any food at all to someone who could probably cook better food than most pubs had, but still, who didn't enjoy a good pub meal from time to time?

"Well, that's definitely a good reason to move." Camden thought that Paris was more known for food than London, but he didn't want to say anything stupid and be wrong. He was pretty sure that he didn't know what he was doing, and he didn't want to say anything stupid. He was pretty good at that, apparently. "What kind of job did you get here?" He didn't know much about the politics of the culinary world. Hell, he knew Quidditch, and plenty of other things, but when it came to food, he knew he liked it, and that was pretty much where the buck stopped.

"Yeah, i'm your average London boy, I'm afraid to say." He hadn't had much travel under his belt, and he was always curious about the world around them, but...he never really seemed to leave. He was content, and why mess with a good thing? He didn't really know what was out there, after all, and he was a bit afraid to find out some days. "What sorts of things do you cook? Like, do you have a specialty? Is going to restaurants and pubs tough for you?"

And there he was, going right into journalist mode. Hey, old habits died hard, if at all, and he was curious!

@ELIAS LANDRY

PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 05:37 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Elias certainly wasn’t some huge compendium of cooking knowledge; he was still learning after all, despite having been training as a chef for the past ten years, but then that was what his first teacher had always told him - a good chef is always learning because there’s no such thing as knowing everything when it comes to food.

“Sorry, my brain gets away from me sometimes. I forget that not everyone cares about the little things like that.”

He didn’t mean for it to be an insult; it was the truth of the matter - to most people, so long as the food tasted good and they weren’t allergic to anything in it, then they probably didn’t care much whether a shepherd’s pie was being made with beef instead of lamb.

“A chef… well a sous chef. But that’s a step up from my last few jobs where I was a station chef, so it’s a fair trade in my opinion.” Having to work your way up the ladder was one of the rights of passage in the culinary world and Elias was just glad that his hard work learning all the kitchen stations had paid off enough to get him a sous chef position. Knowing the head chef probably helped a lot too, but the man he worked under was the sort that wouldn’t hire someone on familiarity alone, unless they brought the right skills and experience with them too.

“The restaurant I work at now is French but I cook a little bit of everything. Back home, where I’m from, it’s kind of like this big melting pot of cultures - creole, Spanish, French - and everything goes into the cooking pot.”

Which was just how Elias liked it because it made things more interesting; not to be contrarian, he liked French cuisine plenty well too, but sometimes mixing it up was just a little more fun than trying to get a tried-and-tested recipe just so. “I did say I was from Louisiana right? I might cook haute cuisine but I’m not a snob when it comes to what I eat.”

Poorly prepared food, he might turn his nose up at, but sometimes there was nothing better in life than a McDonalds hamburger or a big mess of cheese and grits with a poached egg on top.

“What about you? What do you do?”

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 11:49 AM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Camden nodded, listening to the other man. He'd never heard anyone talk so much or so long about food, and it was kind of cool. He didn't know much about food, not more than the standard stuff, and he definitely hadn't known the difference between the two pies. To him, it had all been Shepherd's. "Do you prefer one to the other? Like, if you know it's the beef one, would you not order it, but if it's lamb, you would?" It was fair, he was sure, to prefer one over the other, as they were, apparently, different, but Camden? He was sure to like both.

He was far from choosy.

"And don't apologize for it, we all have our things, mine is not food, but yours is," he smiled. "And that's kind of cool. If everyone were the same, we'd all Ben over all the time." And Camden was sure that truer words had never come out of his mouth.

Camden thought for a moment, tilting his head to the side. French food. He'd heard of it, he'd definitely seen French restaurants, but he couldn't say that he had ever stopped inside of one, couldn't say that he knew anything about them. "French food, eh? Can't say I've ever had it, at least not to the best of my knowledge." Was it good? Probably. Food tended to be good. "Where do you work? Maybe I'll pop by sometime, try French cuisine for the first time."

He liked that this guy made food sound so interesting - he wanted everything to be interesting really, he wanted to learn what other people liked, he didn't just want to talk about his own interests. "That's...yes, you did mention you were from Louisiana. What's Creole?" He didn't think he'd ever heard of that. God, there was so much that he didn't know about the world of food...or the world in general, really.

As for what he did, well right now, he'd rather talk about Elias' job. "I write about Quidditch for the Daily Prophet," he said with a shrug. For him, that was his every day work. Yes, he loved it, but he had the chance to learn new things right now, and that's what he was more interested in.

"What's your favorite thing to cook?" he asked.

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 04:30 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

"Not really. I'm not picky." Food was food, as far as Elias was concerned. And yes he might have been spoiled attending Beauxbatons, with the kind of food that had come out of their kitchens every day, but that did little to change the feeling of the kind of food that he'd grown up with.

After all, there were things that he loved that Elias knew would be considered culiary abominations by most people, like deep fried twinkies, so there was no way he could partake in things like that, while being a snob about other sorts of cooking.

"Brasserie Zedel? It's just outside Diagon Alley, near the Leaky Cauldron." Catering to both muggle and wizard kind alike, it was just this side of chichi, but Elias liked it - it had a good kitchen staff, the wait staff were responsible and so far none of the muggles seemed any wiser that all the food had a little bit of magic to it. "Let me know when you do decide to drop in though. I'll make sure to steer you clear of things like escargots."

There was plenty about French cuisine that Elias liked but he was firmly of the opinion that escargots were a dish that originally started out as a practical joke but then no one wanted to admit they'd fallen for such a joke, so they all kept pretending like it was perfectly normal to eat snails.

"Basically there were these people from France who went to the New World, but then the British came and they got kicked out and a lot of them ended up in Louisiana. And somewhere along the way they just started picking up bits of Spanish and African culture too, so it's like... French at the roots but with a mess of other people's cultures mixed in too."

Elias' usual analogy for creole was to compare it to gumbo but if Camden didn't know much about Louisiana, there was a good chance he'd never heard of gumbo neither which would make the analogy go over like a lead balloon.

"That's really cool. You must get to go to all the games. D'you have a favorite team or are you not supposed to?" Quidditch was fun, but it could never quite beat football in Elias' opinion. Though there was something to be said for playing a sport while also floating several feet off the ground that added an element of danger to it not found in most muggle sports.

"I really like eggs benedict. It seems like a simple thing but there's an art to getting the sauce correct."

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 10:15 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

"Well, in that case," Camden said with a smile. "Cottage Pie or Shepherd's, I recommend it." He nodded matter of factly, and hey, he'd learned something new, so this was definitely not for nothing. He was always a fan of learning new things. He felt that it definitely increased one's value, in some ways, at the very least. And who knew when that fact would come in handy? Sure, it wasn't going to be a huge party line, but...you never knew. MAybe he'd be on a date one day and would be able to impress a girl with his culinary knowledge.

If he could get a date.

Camden thought for a moment, nodding. "Yeah, I think I've passed it, defintiely never been in, though." While he was fine for trying new things, it didn't come naturally to him. When he went out to eat, he tended to go to the same spots, but hey, he'd definitely be down for trying something new, especially if he knew someone that worked that.

"Escargot...that's the snails, right?" he tilted his head to the side. "What, you don't think I could handle the snails?" But god, the other man was right. CAmden was pretty sure that just about the last thing he would ever want to eat would be snails, and he broke moments later, with a laugh. "No, you're absolutely right, I definitely don't want to eat snails...or anything of that ilk. I would appreciate being steered in the right direction."

He kept quiet, listening as Elias explained Creole, and it really was interesting. God, there was just so much that he didn't know about the world, and it was fascinating. "So..." he furrowed his brow. "What does the food taste like? I don't think i can even conceptualize what that would be like," he admitted. It didn't sound bad though - far from it.

"I don't get to go to all of the games," he said, feeling in his wheelhouse with talk of his own job. "But I do get to go to a lot of them, and I love it." That was definitely a job perk that he was more than happy to have. "I'm a big fan of a lot of the teams, not supposed to support a favorite in my writing, but between you and I, I'm definitely pulling for the Falcons. What about you? Do you follow it at all?" He wasn't going to rant about Quidditch if this man didn't enjoy the sport, after all.

He grinned. "Ahh, not much beats good Eggs benedict," he admitted. "I wouldn't dare try to make it myself, though."

@ELIAS LANDRY

PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:06 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Elias had been thinking about flagging down one of the bartenders for a menu but now that Camden had raved about how good the cottage/shepherd's pie was, he knew what he was having for dinner. After all sometimes the simplest meals really were the best, especially when they hit that right spot of tasty and filling.

"No snails then. How do you feel about pig's head?" It was actually quite tasty, somewhat akin to barbecue with the meat sliding perfectly off the bone, but Elias knew how some people felt about being presented with a whole pig's head (minus certain things like the eyes, the brain and the tongue because there was delicacies and then there was being gross for the sake of being gross). "I'm kidding. I promise, you won't be served anything that wasn't intended for actual human consumption."

Humans could eat a lot of things, or at least that's what Elias' experience in cooking had taught him but he knew that most people in polite civilization did have their limits about what they would consider 'food.'

"It's... difficult to describe. Kind of a little bit of everything. Heavy on the spices though so you have to be someone who likes hot food to enjoy it."

Tabasco was practically a way of life where Elias had come from, though only in a pinch when real chili peppers hadn't already been added to the food. He'd managed to wean himself off somewhat over the years but knew he was still guilty of putting a little too much spice for most people's liking into dishes whenever he was cooking for himself.

"Football was more the thing where I grew up. American football," He belatedly added, recalling that what he called soccer was what Brit's called football and what he called football was what they called American football. "But I've heard... interesting things about the Falcons. Are they doing well this season?'

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 11:10 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Camden didn't realize that he was impacting the other man's choice so much, but he wouldn't have been put off to learn that. He was speaking on behalf of something truly delicious, and he was more than happy to recommend it. He didn't think that the other would regret it, now that it was clear that he didn't have an issue with it being lamb or beef...because Camden wasn't sure he would ever know which.

Unless, of course, this man ordered it and told him.

His eyes widened at the mention of pig's head, and he looked taken aback. He didn't realize that the other was joking. "Uh...I don't...really think that's up my alley?" he tried not to be insulting, hell, it might be this guy's specialty, but it wasn't really something that he wanted to try out for himself.

He did laugh, however, when the man revealed that he was joking. "Oh, thank goodness, I was not really sure what to say about that." He was relieved as well, knowing that he wouldn't be insulting the other by not digging deep into the pig's head. God, that did not sound like fun to him. At all.

"Hmmm..." he tapped his chin. "Not sure how well I do with too much hot food, but I'd definitely like to try it - I'll try most things once, but it will be painfully clear if I don't enjoy them. I wear pretty much every emotion on my sleeve, my facial expressions work faster than I can control them, after all." That was part of why he feared eating food that people cooked in front of them. If it wasn't good, he could never manage to fake it in time. They always knew.

"Oh god, I never much cared for American Football - football - real football - or Quidditch for me." He wasn't sure what was so great about American football, never would be, but hey, to each their own, right? He grinned. "Yeah, they're doing well! made it to the post season, so that's something! I have high hopes for the finals, but...you never know." He grinned. "You ever been to a match?"

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
ELIAS LANDRY
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 07:21 PM
twenty-eight
Halfblood
CITIZEN
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

"Well I was lying a little. People do eat pig's heads. 'Cept we don't usually call it that." Usually it was some fancy French or Italian term to disguise the fact that it really was a whole pigs head they were serving, but so far Elias didn't know of anyone who'd been too surprised when their dinner had gone out to their table.

"But those are the kind of things people consider delicacies so it's not like they're real popular or anything."

Unless you happened to live in one of those places where anything in an animal save for certain parts was considered fair game for eating. Elias had personally never lived anyplace like that but he'd known a few chefs who had and they'd been some of the more... interesting people to work under.

"That's alright. I like spicy foods but everyone knows when I've been eating them because apparently I go bright red all over." Or at least all over his cheeks and down his neck to his chest. Not that Elias ever minded because he figured it was a fair trade for some good food, but it was something that people liked to tease him about a lot when he went back home and had himself some proper gumbo or jambalaya.

"They had Quidditch at Beauxbatons. I never played but it was sort of a thing to go to the matches, you know? Never been to a professional game though." Elias had always figured that Quidditch was kind of like how football was back home; everyone had their team and that was who they rooted for, even if they eventually moved away from their hometown... with the exception of the fair-weather fans who seemed to be the exact same way regardless of what sport they were rooting for.

"How did you get in to being a sports journalist if you don't mind me asking?"

@Camden Waldemar
PM
^
Camden Waldemar
 Posted: May 14 2017, 05:07 PM
TWENTY-EIGHT
Muggleborn
PRESS
APPLICATION
SHIPPER
SANDBOX
WANTED
AWARDS

Camden smiled at the other man. "Perhaps you should give me a list then," he said. "So that I know what to look out for - if something like Pig's Head has another, fancier name, well, I'd want to know so I don't accidentally, you know..like I said, not really my thing." And god, it really wasn't. He was pretty sure that if he ever actually ate a pig's head he'd feel sick, but then again, that was really only if he knew about it. If he ate it and never would knew, would there really be any harm in it?

"Aren't delicacies supposed to be nice:?" he asked. He didn't understand why something like that would be fancy, rare, but he was glad that it wasn't popular. Then again, maybe it was delicious, and it was just one of those things that he was so conditioned to think was unpleasant that he was sure that it was. There was a lot about the world of food that Camden didn't know, after all. He understood sports, not cuisine, and that was why it was fun talking to someone who knew all about it. It was a genuine learning experience.

"Nothing wrong with going a bit red every now and then, is there?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. It wasn't quite as obvious with his own coloring, but he would never get on someone else for it - especially when he displayed emotions just as visibly in different ways. "Hot food can be fun, as long as it's not too painful," he decided.

"Oh man, school matches are fun, but they're nothing compared to the real thing. You should definitely try to go to one, I mean, if you think you'd enjoy it." Sports weren't for everyone, and Camden sometimes needed reminding of that, because he loved it so much he had trouble believing that others may not, but hey, to each their own, right?

Honestly, he'd sort of fallen into sports journalism, but he loved it. "I did the announcing for the Quidditch games at Hogwarts, so that's where it started, and then when I graduated, there was an entry position - just tea runs and whatnot - at the Prophet, so I took that, and sort of just snaked my way into the Sport's section, and here I am." He smiled. [b]"Wouldn't want to be anywhere else."[b]

@ELIAS LANDRY
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

Accio Cbox